Konnect with the Kazoo
is a brand new, fun and exciting opportunity to get out and enjoy the Kalamazoo River in 2020! This event offers a way for everyone to connect with the Kalamazoo River in their own way, on their own time, and in a way that does not require social gathering. We are calling it a semi-virtual event in that participants will go and enjoy the river in their own way and then share their experiences by posting pictures on our social media platforms.
All registered participants will receive a gift bag in the mail! It will include a “Konnect with the Kazoo” t-shirt and some other fun items including some great local sponsor coupons. You’ll also be entered into a drawing to win some great grand prizes including a BRAND NEW KAYAK!
The event will KICK OFF on July 26th – the 10th anniversary of the Enbridge Oil Spill in the Kalamazoo River and will continue throughout the entire month of August.
Enjoy the River and make a difference at the same time!
Here’s how it works:
- Register Here
- Pay a $35 registration fee (proceeds will go to the Kalamazoo River Watershed Council and future Water Quality initiatives)
- You’ll be mailed a participation gift bag!
- You’ll automatically be entered into a drawing for some awesome grand prizes!
- Go and do your thing anytime between July 26 and the end of August 2020
- Share pictures of your “Konnections” with the Kazoo! Share your pics by email, instagram or facebook. You will receive extra entries for the Grand Prize drawing for each pic you post (appropriately tagged – see tagging instructions).
- See on Grand Prize Drawing below to learn how you can earn even more chances to win!
WIN A BRAND NEW KAYAK AND OTHER GRAND PRIZES!
Register for Konnect with the Kazoo and you’ll be automatically entered into a drawing for some fabulous grand prizes! Want more chances to win? Here’s how:
- Post a picture of your “connection” with the Kalamazoo River on Facebook or Instagram using #kalamazooriverwatershed and @kalamazooriver. If you’re not comfortable with social media, feel free to share pics by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If a Konnect with the Kazoo event t-shirt is in the photo…you get an additional entry!
- Engage with us on our social media (facebook and instagram) by sharing your event related experiences in text. We’re hoping participants will share great fishing spots (ya right!), fun places to walk or ride bikes near the river, favorite paddling segments, places to eat or shop near the river, etc.
The Grand Prize Drawings will take place on September 10th!
Special thanks to our supporters:
- Bells Brewery
- TMI Compressors
- Envirologic, Environmental Consulting
- Orange Theory Fitnes
- Calhoun County Trailway Alliance
- Kalamazoo River Community Recreation Foundation
- Battle Creek Clean Water Partners
- Territorial Brewing Company
- River Street Flowerland
- Wenke Greenhouses
- One Well Brewery
- Discover Kalamazoo
- Marshall Area Conservation Committee
- White House Nature Center
- TMDL Partners
- City of Kalamazoo
- City of Battle Creek
- Marshall Recreation Department
- Fleis & Vandenbrink
Want to become a sponsor? See “Become a Sponsor” is the Resources section above.