The Kalamazoo River Watershed Council has been working with many partners over the years to develop a Heritage Water Trail along the Kalamazoo River. Once complete, the trail will showcase the excellent paddling opportunities found in your own backyard.
The maps below are a great resource for trip planning, which were generously provided by SWMI Paddling. Check out the river maps today and plan your paddle adventure.
- Twenty miles of state-designated Natural River below Lake Allegan
- Several large areas of undeveloped forested river environment, including 14 miles near Fort Custer National Recreation Area and 13 miles between Parchment and Plainwell
- Beautifully diverse paddling opportunities in many large marsh environments, including Ottawa Marsh and Morrison Bayou
The Kalamazoo River Watershed Council is happy to share details about specific details about the following River Trails:
- Battle Creek River
- Kalamazoo River
- North Branch Kalamazoo River
- Rabbit River
- South Branch Kalamazoo River
Get involved with the KWRC by attending one of our many events!